Thursday, September 25, 2014

Week 10 EOC: Evaluation


I've had many evaluations at my jobs. Fortunately, I've all positive observations in my experiences. My most memorable was when I was working at the Nordstrom in Sacramento, CA. My department manager came to tell me how my performance was. She told me that it was outstanding and was the best of the trend accessories department. My duties included (but were not limited to) assisting customers, finding the appropriate products for them, providing outstanding customer service, initializing and finishing transactions and opening accounts. I was fulfilling all of these duties as well as going above and beyond for my customers. My manager told me I had received the opportunity to attend an invited-only meeting of the company. The meeting consisted of revealing the new and upcoming event exclusive to our store. What I got to do was take notes and ask questions and bring it back to my coworkers in the department to let them know how to prepare for it. I was temporarily in job rotation, as I was required to train my other department co-workers in how to get ready for the exclusive sale event. “Intrinsic rewards can be powerful employee motivators. In addition to mandatory and voluntary benefits and other financial incentives, many companies complete their compensation programs by including intrinsic rewards designed to enhance workers' positive feelings about themselves and their jobs.” (Hayes, D. and Ninemeier, J. (2008). Human Resources Management in the Hospitality Industry. Wiley, pg. 288) It was intrinsically rewarding to know that I was doing my job and was chosen to complete such an important task. I was honored because the managers could have easily done the job and trained us themselves, but they chose the best employees of their departments to take on the responsibility. That evaluation was indeed my most favorite.

                          

No comments:

Post a Comment